UCF Partners with Avionica to Prepare Technicians for Take Off

Experts predict that the demand for aviation electronics technicians is expected to grow at an exponential rate. The number of electronic devices in aircraft has significantly increased and demands detailed and organized technicians to maintain them.

In partnership with Avionica, the Avionics Technician Program covers all aspects of wiring harness fabrication and connector assembly training based on the industry standards by utilizing wire schematics, calibrated tools for crimping and soldering techniques. You will also learn the fundamentals of the next generation of Aircraft Navigation and Communication Systems known as Automatic Dependent Surveillance – Broadcast (ADS-B) to aid air traffic controllers and pilots on precise navigation using satellite signals.

The program, consisting of 72 contact hours, is divided in two stages; 20% theory and the other 80% comprised of hands-on training to provide you with the fundamentals to become successful in the aviation field.

Avionica is also the chief examiner for the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) license. The FCC license can also assist with jobs in the maritime or telecommunications industry.

New programs begin each month. We offer various course options to fit your schedule, with most programs offered over three months-6 hours a week:

  • Mondays and Wednesdays: 6 to 9 p.m.
  • Tuesdays and Thursdays: 6 to 9 p.m.
  • Saturdays: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Enroll in the Avionics Technician program today

Published on 11/6/2018


View all blogs