Achieving Top Search Engine Positions
The vast majority of Web traffic comes from search engines. That means the most important thing you can do to increase your website's traffic is to improve its search engine ranking. To do that, you have to understand both the art and science of search engine optimization (SEO).
In this course, you'll gain the knowledge you need to boost your website's visibility. By the end of the course, you'll have mastered proven, step-by-step SEO strategies that you can implement right away.
What you will learn
- Discover how search engines crawl the web, rank websites, and find previously undiscovered sites
- Learn which HTML tags are key to getting sites on a search engine's radar
- Explore how to select keywords, why you should amass as many potential keyword choices as possible, and which keywords hold the most potential
- Learn why you should complete a pre-submission analysis and how to do a post-submission analysis
- Learn how to manage the SEO cycle to maximize results
How you will benefit
- Get better website rankings with knowledge you can implement immediately
- Learn the ins and outs of SEO so you'll understand how and when to make improvements
- Open the door to new opportunities in marketing and website development
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
An interest in learning how to get more search traffic to a website.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
In partnership with Ed2Go, UCF Continuing Education proudly offers a wide range of online courses where students can interact and learn with their peers while connecting with expert instructors who will answer their questions and provide valuable, timely feedback. Students who complete the Ed2Go courses will receive a certificate of completion from UCF Continuing Education. Courses begin each month and lessons are released every Wednesday and Friday for six weeks. Monthly course start dates can be found by clicking on the register online button below. There is no set time for you to be online to the complete the lessons so you have the flexibility to access the course material at times that work best for you. Each lesson include quizzes, assignments, discussion areas, supplementary links, and more to help you master your chosen topic. Are you interested in registering for our convenient and affordable course? Click the button below to be redirected to our Ed2Go partner webpage, select your start date, and complete your registration today!