Building Teams That Work
Teams are becoming a staple in today's workplace. In this course, you will learn the components of a successful team and the stages of its development. You will master the skills you will need to effectively manage projects, make decisions, and solve problems in a team setting. Plus, you will have a chance to learn the pitfalls of unhealthy group interaction and minimize any of its effects on your team.
Along the way, you will follow real-life examples and scenarios to help you identify with the team-building process. There's a lot more to it than just getting several people together in a room at the same time. Are you eager to develop your leadership qualities and be a quality team participant? Many of today's teams rotate leadership roles, so it's crucial to understand both perspectives as you learn the best ways to communicate and work together for positive change.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
What you will learn
- Learn the components of a successful team and the stages of its development
- Master the skills you'll need to effectively manage projects, make decisions, and solve problems in a team setting
- Learn the pitfalls of unhealthy group interaction and minimize any of its effects on your team
- Learn the best ways to communicate and work together for positive change
How you will benefit
- Follow real-life examples and scenarios to help you identify with the team-building process
- Develop your leadership qualities and be a quality team participant
- Become an indispensable part of any organization as you learn to effectively lead or contribute to team projects
- This course can be taken on either a PC, Mac, or Chromebook.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Vivian Harte has been teaching people the skills they need to build and maintain successful teams for over 15 years. In addition to her online course, she helped students at a major university learn the skills of being a great team member and a team leader in the classroom, in the workplace, and in organizations.
In partnership with Ed2Go, UCF Continuing Education proudly offers a wide range of online courses where students can interact and learn with their peers while connecting with expert instructors who will answer their questions and provide valuable, timely feedback. Students who complete the Ed2Go courses will receive a certificate of completion from UCF Continuing Education. Courses begin each month and lessons are released every Wednesday and Friday for six weeks. Monthly course start dates can be found by clicking on the register online button below. There is no set time for you to be online to the complete the lessons so you have the flexibility to access the course material at times that work best for you. Each lesson includes quizzes, assignments, discussion areas, supplementary links, and more to help you master your chosen topic. Are you interested in registering for our convenient and affordable course? Click the button below to be redirected to our Ed2Go partner webpage, select your start date, and complete your registration today!