Certificate in Integrative Mental Health
This groundbreaking certificate demonstrates the dramatic shift taking place as a growing number of alternative, holistic, and integrative therapies are being used to treat mental disorders. Integrative medicine emphasizes treating the mind, body, and spirit. Integrative mental health offers a new approach to treating mental disorders by applying conventional and evidence-based complementary and alternative therapies. While medication and psychotherapy can save lives, they can also be part of an integrative solution to mental health conditions. Topics covered include anxiety disorders, Alzheimer's disease, bipolar disorders in children and adolescents, chronic pain, depression, sleep disorders, mental health and aging, substance abuse disorders and addiction, and suicide.
This certificate's outcome is for the learner to describe various mental disorders and alternative, holistic, and integrative therapies that are being used to treat these disorders.
(24 contact hours)
Expiration Date: 1/27/2023
(Next date of course revision)
Conflicts of Interest and Relevant Financial Relationships: The authors/planning committee members have no conflicts of interest or relevant financial relationships to declare relevant to this activity.
Non-endorsement of Products: Accreditation refers to recognition of continuing nursing education only and does not imply ALLEGRA approval or endorsement of any commercial product.
ALLEGRA Learning Solutions, LLC is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
ALLEGRA Learning Solutions, LLC is accredited with distinction as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
ALLEGRA Learning Solutions courses are acceptable for continuing education in all states.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #CEP 14693, for the stated number of contact hours.
Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) & Certified Hemodialysis Technicians (CHTs)
The California Department of Health, Aid, and Technician Certification Section accepts continuing education offered by CA-BRN approved providers.
Certified Managed Care Nurse (CMCN)
The American Board of Managed Care Nursing recognizes all of ALLEGRA Learning Solutions' ANCC accredited courses for continuing education credit for Certified Managed Care Nurses (CMCNs).
ALLEGRA Learning Solutions, LLC is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. To satisfy the requirement for renewal of certification by continuing education for the National Certification Board for Diabetes Educators (NCBDE), continuing education activities must be applicable to diabetes and approved by a provider on the NCBDE List of Recognized Providers (www.ncbde.org). NCBDE does not approve continuing education.
NAADAC (National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors)
ALLEGRA Learning Solutions is an approved provider with the National Association of Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC) (Provider #107194).
ALLEGRA Learning Solutions, LLC is approved by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB) as a continuing education Approved Provider (Provider Number 451562-11).
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
What you will learn
- Describe the symptoms, risk factors, and treatment options for ADHD.
- Discuss the symptoms, aspects of care, and treatment of Alzheimer's disease.
- Identify types of anxiety disorders and treatment options.
- Examine symptoms, risk factors, and traditional and integrative treatment methods for bipolar disorder in children and adolescents.
- Describe pain management, types of pain and integrative treatments for chronic pain.
- Describe the different forms of depressive disorders and treatment approaches for depression.
- Discuss the most commonly occurring mental health problems experienced by older adults.
- Examine the nature and extent of PTSD.
- Identify sleep disorders and treatment methods.
How you will benefit
- Learn how alternative, holistic, and integrative therapies are being used to treat various mental health disorders such as ADHD, anxiety disorders, PTSD, sleep disorders, and chronic pain.
- Describe how mental health disorders of the aging population may benefit from a combination of traditional and integrative therapies.
- Discover ways to improve your total health and well-being and positively impact your life and the life of your family.
- Learn new information that can help you prepare for a career in many areas of health (including health education, public health, nursing, medicine, social work, environmental health, or health coaching) as well as other fields (such as law, political science, advocacy, etc.).
- Enhance your professional marketability with training specific to the topics covered.
- Build knowledge and competencies needed to advance your career and/or improve your personal health and well-being.
- Fulfill continuing education and/or national certification requirements.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
You must complete all lessons to receive your certificate. You must pass the final exam in all lessons with a score of 80% or higher AND complete the Evaluation Form in order to receive your Certificate of Completion. Finals are graded as Pass or No Pass. Receipt of your certificate indicates successful completion of the course and that you have passed all final exams with a score of 80% or greater. You may retake final exams as many times as necessary within the duration of the course at no additional charge.
Cyndie Koopsen, RN, BSN, MBA, HNB-BC, RN-BC, HWNC-BC is a nurse who has cared for patients in acute care settings, community clinics, and the home. Her professional nursing career has involved nursing executive leadership and administration, accreditation consultation, staff development and education, community education and wellness, and holistic care. She has designed, developed, and presented numerous educational programs for audiences covering integrative health, promotion and wellness, and chronic disease management and prevention. She is the co-author (with Caroline Young) of two health care textbooks. She is the co-CEO and co-founder of ALLEGRA Learning Solutions, LLC and has designed and developed over 300 online professional continuing education courses.
Caroline Young, M.P.H., has an extensive public health background that includes experience in research, workshop presentations in various areas of health care, and online and onsite teaching. She has expertise in holistic community health and wellness program design, development, marketing, implementation, and evaluation. She has also designed, developed, and presented integrative health programs for culturally diverse populations, senior populations, and faith communities. She is the co-author (with Cyndie Koopsen) of two health care textbooks. She is the co-CEO and co-founder of ALLEGRA Learning Solutions, LLC and has designed and developed over 300 online professional continuing education courses.
In partnership with Ed2Go, UCF Continuing Education proudly offers a wide range of online courses where students can interact and learn with their peers while connecting with expert instructors who will answer their questions and provide valuable, timely feedback. Students who complete the Ed2Go courses will receive a certificate of completion from UCF Continuing Education. Courses begin each month and lessons are released every Wednesday and Friday for six weeks. Monthly course start dates can be found by clicking on the register online button below. There is no set time for you to be online to the complete the lessons so you have the flexibility to access the course material at times that work best for you. Each lesson include quizzes, assignments, discussion areas, supplementary links, and more to help you master your chosen topic. Are you interested in registering for our convenient and affordable course? Click the button below to be redirected to our Ed2Go partner webpage, select your start date, and complete your registration today!