Creating Mobile Apps with HTML5
Do you want to make mobile apps that run on iPhone and iPad, as well as on Android, and Windows Phone? Sure you do! Do you want to learn five different programming languages? Of course you don't!
Fortunately, you're about to discover a better way to build apps. In this course, you'll learn how to imagine, design, build, and optimize a cross-platform mobile app using the very latest HTML5 standards. The result will be a mobile app that's fast and runs on just about any smartphone or tablet computer.
There are no prerequisites to take this course. HTML and/or programming experience will be helpful, but is not required.
What you will learn
- Learn to build apps using HTML5 and CSS3
- Understand how to use web services in your app
- Learn how to determine an app's user location by accessing the built-in geolocation capabilities of the user's smartphone
- Discover how to use web APIs to combine different web services to create mobile mashups
- Optimize your app for performance
- Learn to convert your HTML5 apps into native apps that you can submit to app stores
How you will benefit
- Learn some of the most sought-after skills in web and mobile development
- Open the door to new freelance and employment opportunities at companies nationwide
- Gain the skills you need to become a mobile app developer
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Linux may also be used.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
In partnership with Ed2Go, UCF Continuing Education proudly offers a wide range of online courses where students can interact and learn with their peers while connecting with expert instructors who will answer their questions and provide valuable, timely feedback. Students who complete the Ed2Go courses will receive a certificate of completion from UCF Continuing Education. Courses begin each month and lessons are released every Wednesday and Friday for six weeks. Monthly course start dates can be found by clicking on the register online button below. There is no set time for you to be online to the complete the lessons so you have the flexibility to access the course material at times that work best for you. Each lesson includes quizzes, assignments, discussion areas, supplementary links, and more to help you master your chosen topic. Are you interested in registering for our convenient and affordable course? Click the button below to be redirected to our Ed2Go partner webpage, select your start date, and complete your registration today!