Explore a Career as a Paralegal
Careers in the legal field often require many years of training, but paralegals can enter the job market quickly. What's more, paralegals earn good salaries and have many opportunities for advancement. In fact, a skilled paralegal can do almost all the jobs a lawyer does.
In this course, you will discover what paralegals do and find out what you will need to know in order to begin your own paralegal career. You will start by getting an excellent grounding in legal terminology, contract law, and the tort system. Next, you will learn how to perform legal analysis, conduct interviews and investigations, write legal briefs, and prepare for appeals. Finally, you will get tips on internships and job-hunting.
By the time you're finished, you will know if becoming a paralegal is the right career choice for you.
What you will learn
- Discover what paralegals do and find out what you'll need to know in order to begin your own paralegal career
- Get an excellent grounding in legal terminology, contract law, and the tort system
- Learn how to perform legal analysis, conduct interviews and investigations, write legal briefs, and prepare for appeals
- Get tips on internships and job-hunting
How you will benefit
- Determine if becoming a paralegal is the right career choice for you
- Open the door to more career opportunities as you gain basic paralegal training
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Sam Germana is General Counsel for a New Jersey hospital and previously worked for a private law firm representing physicians and hospitals. He has taught paralegal studies online and in the classroom since 1997, and he is an adjunct faculty member at the College of St. Elizabeth.
In partnership with Ed2Go, UCF Continuing Education proudly offers a wide range of online courses where students can interact and learn with their peers while connecting with expert instructors who will answer their questions and provide valuable, timely feedback. Students who complete the Ed2Go courses will receive a certificate of completion from UCF Continuing Education. Courses begin each month and lessons are released every Wednesday and Friday for six weeks. Monthly course start dates can be found by clicking on the register online button below. There is no set time for you to be online to the complete the lessons so you have the flexibility to access the course material at times that work best for you. Each lesson include quizzes, assignments, discussion areas, supplementary links, and more to help you master your chosen topic. Are you interested in registering for our convenient and affordable course? Click the button below to be redirected to our Ed2Go partner webpage, select your start date, and complete your registration today!