FTCE - General Knowledge Review
Offered online or in-class in partnership with Master Mind Educational Consulting
UCF has developed a comprehensive FTCE General Knowledge Review Program to empower teaching professionals and prospective students with the knowledge to receive high scores on the FTCE General Knowledge exam's English Language Skills, Reading, Essay and Mathematics sections.
Our FTCE General Knowledge Review Program is taught by professional educators who are able to connect with the class to convey important test information and explain test-taking strategies that are easy to remember and apply.
In-class option: Meet at our UCF Continuing Education building in Orlando, FL.
Online option: Login to view the live online sessions streamed during Eastern Standard Time. You will be able to hear the instructor lead the course discussions, view the course handouts, and engage in an online chat discussion with students and your instructor.
Participants can enroll in the FTCE General Knowledge Review Series (8 sessions) or individually in either the English Review Program (4 sessions) or Math Review Program (4 sessions).
Registration is on a first come first serve basis and seats tend to fill up quickly. Register early as both the IN-PERSON and ONLINE sessions have a cap on enrollment.
FTCE General Knowledge Review Series
English Language Skills, Critical Reading, Essay and Mathematics - 24 hrs - 8 sessions
- This course will provide the same test strategies that are listed in the review programs for English and Mathematics below.
- Both in-class and online students will have access to an online repository of resources throughout the English and Math courses.
- Registration Fee (In-Class or Online): $499
FTCE General Knowledge English Review
English Language Skills, Critical Reading, and Essay Review - 12 hrs - 4 sessions
- This course will provide a framework for successful test taking strategies for conceptual understanding and mastering the concepts applied to English Language Skills, Critical Reading and Essay sections.
- Both in-class and online students will have access to an online repository of additional resources throughout the course.
- Registration Fee (In-Class or Online): $279
FTCE General Knowledge Math Review
Mathematics Review - 12 hrs - 4 sessions
- This course will provide exercises to aid the process of mastering the concepts of all four math domains (number sense, concepts, and operations, geometry and measurement, algebraic thinking and coordinate plane, and probability, statistics, and data interpretation).
- Both in-class and online students will take an online diagnostic test before starting the FTCE GK Math review program. The diagnostic is intended to assess foundational skills needed to succeed in the FTCE GK Math domains. Based on the results, both IN-PERSON and ONLINE students will have access to an online repository of resources to help improve their areas of weakness.
- Registration Fee (In-Class or Online): $279
*Please note students should have a 4th grade math knowledge level before taking the FTCE Mathematics review course.
Erin Mander is currently the president of a curriculum consulting company that services a number of private institutions in Orange County. She taught in the middle grades for eight years while earning her Masters degree from the University of Minnesota with an emphasis in Curriculum and Instruction. Beyond leading this company, she has a doctorate in Curriculum and Instruction from the University of Central Florida. Her passion is equipping professionals with the tools needed to make a lasting impact on students. She is a state certified teacher in Florida and in Illinois.
Erin is the lead instructor/facilitator of the FTCE General Knowledge, FTCE Professional and FTCE Elementary Education K-6 Review Programs.
Tammy Powell is a UCF graduate, a certified teacher who has been working in education in Orange County for sixteen years, and as of 2015 graduated with a masters degree in Mathematics Curriculum and Instruction from Concordia University. Currently a fifth grade teacher, Mrs. Powell has taught elementary, middle, and high school, specializing in math and science. She is certified by the State of Florida in K-6 Elementary Education, 5-9 Mathematics, and 6-12 Journalism. Mrs. Powell currently teaches both the FTCE General Knowledge Mathematics and the K-6 Elementary Education classes and works as a math and science tutor for Mastermind Educational Consultation. Her goal in the classroom is to make even the most difficult concepts easy to understand while using thorough preparation to overcome the test anxiety that many adults experience.
Tammy is the instructor for the FTCE General Knowledge Mathematics and FTCE Elementary Education K-6 review programs.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I become a Florida Certified Teacher and which exam should I take first? Visit www.fldoe.org/edcert or call 1-800-445-6739 to speak with a Certification Specialist.
Is the textbook included in the FTCE review course fee? No, the textbook needs to be purchased separately. All textbooks can be purchased at most national or local bookstores or from online suppliers.
How do I register for the FTCE Exam? UCF Continuing Education only provides test preparation review courses for the FTCE exams and does not administer the actual exam. Please visit the links below to get more information on how to register for the FTCE exams.
|Start Date/ Time||Location||Cost|
4/30/2019 - 6/7/2019
6:00 PM to 9:00 PM English and Mathematics Review (Tuesdays and Fridays)View refund policy for this course
|UCF Continuing Education 711|
4/30/2019 - 5/21/2019
6:00 PM to 9:00 PM English Review (Tuesdays)View refund policy for this course
|UCF Continuing Education 726|
5/17/2019 - 6/7/2019
6:00 PM to 9:00 PM Mathematics Review (Fridays)View refund policy for this course
|UCF Continuing Education 722|