Grammar for ESL
This course is designed as an in-depth analysis of English grammar for intermediate to advanced English as Second Language college students. It is designed to prepare you for regular mainstream English classes.
Grammar for ESL is one of the required courses in most college ESL programs to transfer to mainstream English or to transfer to a university. It establishes a foundation for continuous learning and serves as a complement to other courses that you may be taking or will take.
What you will learn
- Learn the structure of standard English
- Discover how English grammar follows a very logical structure
- Learn to construct effective sentences
- Discover that English depends on word order when forming a question
- Learn how to make the verb agree with the subject
- Appreciation for languages in general and English is particular
How you will benefit
- Be prepared for mainstream English classes at the college level
- Establish a foundation for continuous learning
- Skills will serve as a complement to other courses you may take
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
A basic understanding of English grammar is required.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Dr. Sabri Bebawi has been a college instructor for 20 years. His educational background includes law, journalism, and English education, with a Ph.D. in education and instructional technology. Dr. Bebawi has worked as a journalist in Europe and in the United States, writing on a wide range of topics.
In partnership with Ed2Go, UCF Continuing Education proudly offers a wide range of online courses where students can interact and learn with their peers while connecting with expert instructors who will answer their questions and provide valuable, timely feedback. Students who complete the Ed2Go courses will receive a certificate of completion from UCF Continuing Education. Courses begin each month and lessons are released every Wednesday and Friday for six weeks. Monthly course start dates can be found by clicking on the register online button below. There is no set time for you to be online to the complete the lessons so you have the flexibility to access the course material at times that work best for you. Each lesson include quizzes, assignments, discussion areas, supplementary links, and more to help you master your chosen topic. Are you interested in registering for our convenient and affordable course? Click the button below to be redirected to our Ed2Go partner webpage, select your start date, and complete your registration today!