Intermediate PHP and MySQL
Learn how to create an interactive online store complete with an online catalog of products, allowing customers to browse the catalog to select items, place them in a shopping cart, and complete an order. In this online course, you'll see how to create a commercial online store using the PHP programming language and the MySQL database server.
You'll walk through the steps for developing a complete online store web application. During the course, you'll see step-by-step how to create all of the software and database objects used in the application. The application consists of two parts, an administrative web application allowing a store manager to post new products, alter product information, and process customer orders, and a customer web application allowing customers to browse the catalog of products, select products for purchase, and check out using a shopping cart. At the end of the course, you'll be able to use these code templates to create your own online store application.
There are no prerequisites to take this course. Prior HTML coding experience is helpful, but not required.
What you will learn
- Learn advanced PHP programming
- Explore the advanced features of a MySQL database server
- Learn to create back-end applications for a web store
- Learn to create a storefront web application
- Create and use a shopping cart
- Understand how to use MySQL transactions
- Find out how to generate reports directly from your web store database
- Learn how to incorporate the object-oriented database features in PHP in your web applications
How you will benefit
- Gain confidence in your ability to create an interactive online store
- Walk away with code templates to create your own online store application
- Learn more advanced coding techniques with PHP and MySQL that will open the door to new opportunities
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- Mac users can't use the Wampserver software and must provide their own PHP and MySQL development environment.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- A PHP and MySQL development environment (the first lesson in the course walks through installing the Wampserver software, which provides a full PHP and MySQL development environment in one package. You download Wampserver for free here.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Richard Blum has been an IT industry professional for over 20 years, working mainly as a network and systems administrator. During this time, he has worked with Microsoft, Novell, Unix, and Linux servers, and has created websites using a variety of different programming languages. Blum is the author of several programming and systems administration books, including Professional Assembly Language, C# Network Programming, PostgreSQL 8 for Windows, Sendmail for Linux, Postfix, and Network Performance Open Source Toolkit.
In partnership with Ed2Go, UCF Continuing Education proudly offers a wide range of online courses where students can interact and learn with their peers while connecting with expert instructors who will answer their questions and provide valuable, timely feedback. Students who complete the Ed2Go courses will receive a certificate of completion from UCF Continuing Education. Courses begin each month and lessons are released every Wednesday and Friday for six weeks. Monthly course start dates can be found by clicking on the register online button below. There is no set time for you to be online to the complete the lessons so you have the flexibility to access the course material at times that work best for you. Each lesson includes quizzes, assignments, discussion areas, supplementary links, and more to help you master your chosen topic. Are you interested in registering for our convenient and affordable course? Click the button below to be redirected to our Ed2Go partner webpage, select your start date, and complete your registration today!