Introduction to Guitar
Learn to play guitar, and become the musician you've always wanted to be! In these fun and informative lessons, you'll build basic guitar skills step-by-step with the help of hands-on exercises, audio and video recordings, and detailed illustrations.
The classical guitar skills you'll master in this course will allow you to play any style of music, from hard rock to country-and-western. And that's not all! Good guitar players know that the secret to making beautiful music is to practice, practice, practice—so that's what you'll do. You'll make rapid progress as you follow a carefully planned practice schedule that reinforces each new skill you learn. Whether you're a beginner or an intermediate student, this course will take your musical talent to the next level. By the time you're finished, you'll be well on your way to becoming a skilled guitar player.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- You will need a guitar in good working condition and an adjustable footstool for correct positioning. It's advisable to purchase a metronome for developing your rhythm skills and a music stand so you can practice in a correct playing position.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Edward Burns has an extensive musical background as a professional performer, instructor, composer, and recording artist. He has published two guitar methods and composed several guitar technique studies designed to develop specific skills. Burns has also taught guitar and music theory courses for colleges, music academies, and conservatories.
In partnership with Ed2Go, UCF Continuing Education proudly offers a wide range of online courses where students can interact and learn with their peers while connecting with expert instructors who will answer their questions and provide valuable, timely feedback. Students who complete the Ed2Go courses will receive a certificate of completion from UCF Continuing Education. Courses begin each month and lessons are released every Wednesday and Friday for six weeks. Monthly course start dates can be found by clicking on the register online button below. There is no set time for you to be online to the complete the lessons so you have the flexibility to access the course material at times that work best for you. Each lesson include quizzes, assignments, discussion areas, supplementary links, and more to help you master your chosen topic. Are you interested in registering for our convenient and affordable course? Click the button below to be redirected to our Ed2Go partner webpage, select your start date, and complete your registration today!