Introduction to SQL
Learn the key concepts of SQL (Structured Query Language) the powerful and standard database management query language for relational databases.
SQL (Structured Query Language) is one of the best programming languages for beginning web developers to learn. This course will teach you the basics of designing and writing SQL queries to execute on a practice database. Using a SQL Server Express, you'll learn several real-world applications for SQL so you can put this valuable skill set on your resume.
- This course must be taken on a PC. Macs are not compatible.
- Dual monitors are helpful but are not required.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins. Student will install the required software in the course.
- Necessary rights (local administrative rights) to install programs on the computer.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
- SQL Server Express
- SQL Server Management Studio
Mava Wilson, Ph.D., is a professor with more than 28 years of teaching experience. While she specializes in Information Systems (IS), she has taught several computer science topics, including basic computer literacy, programming, database design, and SQL. She holds a Ph.D. and master's degree in computing technology from Nova Southeastern University, as well as a bachelor's in administrative systems from Radford University.
In partnership with Ed2Go, UCF Continuing Education proudly offers a wide range of online courses where students can interact and learn with their peers while connecting with expert instructors who will answer their questions and provide valuable, timely feedback. Students who complete the Ed2Go courses will receive a certificate of completion from UCF Continuing Education. Courses begin each month and lessons are released every Wednesday and Friday for six weeks. Monthly course start dates can be found by clicking on the register online button below. There is no set time for you to be online to the complete the lessons so you have the flexibility to access the course material at times that work best for you. Each lesson include quizzes, assignments, discussion areas, supplementary links, and more to help you master your chosen topic. Are you interested in registering for our convenient and affordable course? Click the button below to be redirected to our Ed2Go partner webpage, select your start date, and complete your registration today!