Real Estate Investing
Have you ever heard the old saying, "Buy low, sell high?" News stories about the softening real estate market might scare away some novice investors, but experienced investors recognize weak markets as opportunities to pick up bargains. In many areas, now is the time to buy before prices start climbing again. In this course, you will learn how to make money in any area, in good times and bad, even if you have little money to start with.
Real Estate Investing includes specially designed worksheets and hands-on activities to take the guesswork out of your investing efforts. Start developing a plan for your own investing efforts based on proven methods used every day by full-time, professional real estate investors. You will learn how to invest in foreclosures, manage a rehab project, and build your team of real estate professionals (title officers, lawyers, accountants, mortgage brokers, appraisers, and more). This course also explores the effects of higher interest rates and cover alternative strategies for a changing market. By the end of the course, you will be working toward your first (or next) deal.
What you will learn
- Develop a detailed plan for your investing efforts
- Learn proven methods used by full-time, professional real estate investors
- Explore the effects of higher interest rates and alternative strategies for changing markets
- Learn how to invest in foreclosures, manage rehab projects, and build a team of real estate professionals to help you succeed
How you will benefit
- Gain the skills you need to begin investing in real estate immediately
- Develop a lucrative career path after learning from the mistakes of others to ensure your investing success
- Learn the ins and outs of real estate investing and become a more confident buyer with a team of experts at your disposal
- Develop a plan of action that will help you make money in any type of real estate market
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Josh Fuhrer is a real estate investor and developer with over 15 years of experience in single-family homes, and multifamily and commercial properties. He runs his own real estate development company, focusing on development and asset management of nearly one million square feet of retail, office, and mixed-use projects. He holds a master's degree in Real Estate from Georgetown University, and a graduate certificate in real estate development from Portland State University.
In partnership with Ed2Go, UCF Continuing Education proudly offers a wide range of online courses where students can interact and learn with their peers while connecting with expert instructors who will answer their questions and provide valuable, timely feedback. Students who complete the Ed2Go courses will receive a certificate of completion from UCF Continuing Education. Courses begin each month and lessons are released every Wednesday and Friday for six weeks. Monthly course start dates can be found by clicking on the register online button below. There is no set time for you to be online to the complete the lessons so you have the flexibility to access the course material at times that work best for you. Each lesson include quizzes, assignments, discussion areas, supplementary links, and more to help you master your chosen topic. Are you interested in registering for our convenient and affordable course? Click the button below to be redirected to our Ed2Go partner webpage, select your start date, and complete your registration today!