Resume Writing Workshop
Create an effective resume or improve the one you already have. Transform your resume into a powerful tool that will get you interviews. Learn different resume formats and the advantages and disadvantages of each.
Make the most of your work experience and discover how to use references to your advantage. This course includes the use of online resumes and is invaluable for anyone who wants to create their own resume, or learn how to write resumes and cover letters for profit.
What you will learn
- Learn about the different parts of a resume and their purpose
- Discover your own unique features and benefits
- Learn about resume rules and how they affect the development of a resume
- Learn about different types of resumes and discover the one best suited to develop your own individual resume
- Develop a cover letter and put the finishing touches on your resume
How you will benefit
- Learn new styles and resources for creating the best possible resume
- Access an instructor that is ready to answer any questions, give positive suggestions and encouragement
- Create an up-to-date, concise, and polished resume
- Use your newly created resume as a powerful tool that will impress potential employers
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Experience with any version of Microsoft Word.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Stephanie Donaldson has been writing resumes for the past 20 years. Stephanie earned a bachelor's in English from St. Lawrence University and a master's in business administration from Clarkson University. She has held management positions in the hospitality, paper, and seminar industries. For several years, she was employed in the Marketing department at the American Management Association. For the past decade, she has served as Director of Continuing Education at two colleges. In addition to owning her own business, Stephanie often lectures on Marketing and Business Writing to small business owners. She has taught Resume Writing Workshop for over 10 years and has helped nearly 2,000 people in the U.S., Canada, and Australia to improve their resumes.
In partnership with Ed2Go, UCF Continuing Education proudly offers a wide range of online courses where students can interact and learn with their peers while connecting with expert instructors who will answer their questions and provide valuable, timely feedback. Students who complete the Ed2Go courses will receive a certificate of completion from UCF Continuing Education. Courses begin each month and lessons are released every Wednesday and Friday for six weeks. Monthly course start dates can be found by clicking on the register online button below. There is no set time for you to be online to the complete the lessons so you have the flexibility to access the course material at times that work best for you. Each lesson include quizzes, assignments, discussion areas, supplementary links, and more to help you master your chosen topic. Are you interested in registering for our convenient and affordable course? Click the button below to be redirected to our Ed2Go partner webpage, select your start date, and complete your registration today!