Small Business Marketing on a Shoestring
When it comes to marketing for small businesses, money isn't everything! In this course, you'll learn how to use the same marketing tricks the big companies employ—without making a big dent in your wallet.
The small business marketing strategies you'll learn will fit into any budget—and some are even free! With the help of videos, spreadsheets, and hands-on activities, you'll build your skills in each lesson. You'll master cost-effective strategies, including strategic partnerships, local marketing, search engine optimization, social networking, email marketing, lead generation, and niche marketing. Along the way, you'll see many real-world examples from other small businesses much like yours.
Whether you're new to advertising or looking for a refresher, this course will make you a marketing pro. By the time you're done, you'll have a personalized plan of action for increasing your sales—all on a shoestring budget.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
What you will learn
- Learn to build your own customized marketing plan step-by-step
- Discover how to attract your target audiences, entice customers to buy your product or service, and keep buyers coming back for more
- Find out how to generate the referrals that are crucial to your company's success
- Get tips on evaluating your tactics, tracking your results, and fine-tuning your approach
How you will benefit
- Master cost-effective strategies that will allow you to market like a company with a much bigger budget
- Create a personalized marketing plan designed to increase sales
- Learn to generate more revenue with less money
- This course can be taken on either a PC, Mac, or Chromebook.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Glynns Thomas has more than 20 years of advertising and marketing experience. She was a Vice President of Internet Marketing at Wells Fargo Bank and has worked for several well-known advertising agencies. Today, Thomas is an independent marketing consultant and a volunteer with SCORE: Counselors to America's Small Business, providing marketing advice to small businesses.
In partnership with Ed2Go, UCF Continuing Education proudly offers a wide range of online courses where students can interact and learn with their peers while connecting with expert instructors who will answer their questions and provide valuable, timely feedback. Students who complete the Ed2Go courses will receive a certificate of completion from UCF Continuing Education. Courses begin each month and lessons are released every Wednesday and Friday for six weeks. Monthly course start dates can be found by clicking on the register online button below. There is no set time for you to be online to the complete the lessons so you have the flexibility to access the course material at times that work best for you. Each lesson includes quizzes, assignments, discussion areas, supplementary links, and more to help you master your chosen topic. Are you interested in registering for our convenient and affordable course? Click the button below to be redirected to our Ed2Go partner webpage, select your start date, and complete your registration today!