Start Your Own Small Business
Learn how to take your dream of starting a business and put it into action. In this class, you will learn everything you need to know about starting a business. You will begin by discovering the tricks to picking the right opportunity for you. Next, you will learn how to develop proven marketing techniques to easily build sales. Since every business needs money, this course discusses traditional and nontraditional financing options. Finally, you will learn easy-to-implement employee-management procedures and how to write business policies that help you build your business.
You, as a business owner, need to manage all your limited resources. One resource that often gets overlooked is your time. In the final lesson, you will learn time-management techniques especially for entrepreneurs. While taking this course, you will discover the secrets that separate the successful entrepreneurs from the struggling ones.
What you will learn
- Learn the best ways to choose the right business opportunity
- Develop proven marketing techniques that will help you build sales
- Gain an understanding of traditional and non-traditional financing options
- Learn effective employee-management procedures
- Discover time-management techniques designed to help entrepreneurs succeed
How you will benefit
- Gain a complete understanding of what separates a successful business and how to avoid failure
- Discover the single most valuable asset in your business and how it can help you create wealth
- Develop the skills you need to effectively manage your time, relationships and personal financial position
- Pursue your dream of owning a successful business by starting on the right track with proper structures and policies in place
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Kris Solie-Johnson, chancellor and president of the American Institute of Small Business, best-selling author, educator, speaker, and mother of three, is an energetic and passionate entrepreneur. Her books are in public libraries, high schools, colleges, and military bases both nationally and internationally. Solie-Johnson has an MBA in Venture Management from the University of St. Thomas and over 19 years of experience helping entrepreneurs reach their goals quickly through joint venture partnerships, creative marketing programs, and innovative financial options. She's dedicated to motivating and inspiring owners to achieve beyond their dreams.
In partnership with Ed2Go, UCF Continuing Education proudly offers a wide range of online courses where students can interact and learn with their peers while connecting with expert instructors who will answer their questions and provide valuable, timely feedback. Students who complete the Ed2Go courses will receive a certificate of completion from UCF Continuing Education. Courses begin each month and lessons are released every Wednesday and Friday for six weeks. Monthly course start dates can be found by clicking on the register online button below. There is no set time for you to be online to the complete the lessons so you have the flexibility to access the course material at times that work best for you. Each lesson include quizzes, assignments, discussion areas, supplementary links, and more to help you master your chosen topic. Are you interested in registering for our convenient and affordable course? Click the button below to be redirected to our Ed2Go partner webpage, select your start date, and complete your registration today!