Master the essentials of writing, and become the stellar wordsmith you always wanted to be! In this course, you'll develop the skills you need to excel at business communications, express yourself clearly online, and take your creative literary talents to a new level.
Whether you're hoping to get a better job, write for a blog, or publish your short story, this course will give you the writing tools you need for success. It's also a perfect choice if you speak English as a second language. With the knowledge and hands-on practice you gain from this course, you'll be able to express yourself clearly and persuasively in writing—both in your personal life and in the business world.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
What you will learn
- Discover how to create solid drafts
- Learn to select strong and persuasive words, spell correctly, and choose the right punctuation
- Find out how to craft well-written sentences, build effective paragraphs, and organize your material logically
- Explore ways to make the most of emails and other forms of electronic communication
How you will benefit
- Gain confidence in your writing with hands-on practice and feedback
- Learn to express yourself clearly and persuasively
- Become the writer you've always wanted to be
- This course can be taken on either a PC, Mac, or Chromebook.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Ann Linquist is a continuing education instructor on college campuses, at corporations, and with non-profit organizations. She has helped thousands of adults learn to tackle their writing tasks with enthusiasm. Having written everything from novels to newsletters, articles to ad copy, Linquist is able to address the writing needs of each individual. The breadth of her background ensures a powerful, involving learning experience that builds on the strengths of each participant.
In partnership with Ed2Go, UCF Continuing Education proudly offers a wide range of online courses where students can interact and learn with their peers while connecting with expert instructors who will answer their questions and provide valuable, timely feedback. Students who complete the Ed2Go courses will receive a certificate of completion from UCF Continuing Education. Courses begin each month and lessons are released every Wednesday and Friday for six weeks. Monthly course start dates can be found by clicking on the register online button below. There is no set time for you to be online to the complete the lessons so you have the flexibility to access the course material at times that work best for you. Each lesson includes quizzes, assignments, discussion areas, supplementary links, and more to help you master your chosen topic. Are you interested in registering for our convenient and affordable course? Click the button below to be redirected to our Ed2Go partner webpage, select your start date, and complete your registration today!