Finance & Accounting for Non-Financial Managers Workshop
Emphasizing the importance of financial data on the decision-making process, Finance and Accounting for Non-Financial Managers allows non-financial managers to become better users of financial information so they can be more strategic contributors to their organization.
Led by Dr. Jeff Reinking, this workshop helps participants develop the financial skills necessary to interpret financial statements, calculate the value of income and payments, and evaluate projects based on cost and revenue implications. Participants will gain a new understanding of the financial drivers in a business and how to make decisions in a financial context.
Who Should Attend:
- Non-financial managers who make or contribute to decisions with significant financial implications
- Sales Managers and Marketing Directors
- Functional Managers in Operations, Human Resources, or Engineering
- R&D, Manufacturing, and IT Professionals
- Entrepreneurs and Consultants
Benefits of Attending
- Increase your understanding of the role of finance and accounting in your organization
- Communicate confidently using financial terms and concepts
- Learn to build and interpret financial reports such as balance sheets, income statements, and cash-flow statements
- Discover best ways to finance your operations and long-term asset purchases
- Improve day-to-day financial decision making using financial performance metrics
- Earn a certificate of completion and 0.8 CEU’s
- Interpreting and understanding financial statements
- Analyze how financial reports are used to help manage your business
- Managing your businesses cash flow
- Break-even Analysis
- Selecting Among Alternative Courses of Action
- Capital Budgeting (Internal rate of return and NPV)
With more than 20 years of leadership experience in the construction and banking industries, Dr. Jeff Reinking offers clients and students alike expert insights into accounting and finance. Jeff is as an associate lecturer for the Kenneth G. Dixon School of Accounting at UCF, having earned his Ph.D. from UCF in 2013. His research interests include management control systems, strategy, technology, and budgeting. Prior to joining UCF, Prof. Reinking gained extensive experience in industry in the areas of finance, accounting, and operations. His career began with SunTrust Bank in the commercial credit and residential lending areas. Prof. Reinking went on to become a partner and the Chief Financial Officer for KHSS Construction, a national construction firm; where one of his main passions was being able to provide executives and managers with timely and relevant information to support strategy and decision-making. In addition, prior to becoming the CFO at KHSS, Reinking oversaw the operations of 7 business units as the Senior Vice President of Operations. He maintains his connections to industry and current business practices by consulting for construction companies and volunteering at UCF’s Small Business Development Center.