Comprehensive Project Management Certificate & PMP®/CAPM® Exam Preparation
Our Comprehensive Project Management Certificate & PMP®/CAPM® Exam Preparation Program is designed to give you the practical project management tools, principles, and framework to excel on the PMP or CAPM exam and efficiently manage any project.
- Our program meets PMI's eligibility requirement of 23 contact hours of formal project management education in order to sit for the CAPM® exam.
- Our program meets PMI's eligibility requirement of 35 contact hours of formal project management education in order to sit for the PMP® exam.
Certified, industry expert facilitators bring real-world experience to the classroom and utilize the latest curriculum with the 6th edition of the Project Management Body of Knowledge.
Who Should Enroll?
Project Managers are extremely valuable people found in almost every business, industry, or organization. Many project managers have taken the "next step" to earn the Certified Associate in Project Management® or Project Management Professional® certification from the Project Management Institute. For those who want to enter the field or who are in the field and desire to earn the nationally recognized CAPM® or PMP® credentials, our program is the key to success. The flexibility of the program is great for students, working professionals, and organizations that want to get ahead and maximize earning potential.
- Interactive 12 session program format to keep you on track
- Learn and enhance fundamental management principles, theories, and practices described in the most current version of the PMI's PMBOK® Guide
- Learn and use project management tools and techniques that are effective in initiating, planning, executing, monitoring & controlling, and closing a project.
- Skilled project managers are in high demand around the world. A globally recognized project management certification will show employers that you have the knowledge, experience, and education to be a valuable asset to their organization
- Assess your ability to successfully pass the PMP® or CAPM® Exam
- Meet PMI's project management education requirement to become eligible to sit for the PMP® or CAPM®
- A great start to a career track in Project Management
PMI, CAPM, and PMP are registered certification marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc. The P.M.B.O.K. Guide is a registered trademark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Watch Our Recent Webinar
We welcome all levels of project manager into this program as the course offers a comprehensive approach, providing participants with application that they can apply to their everyday role.
Participants seeking to become PMP or CAPM certified, must meet criteria set forth by the Project Management Institute (PMI) to sit for the certification examination. To learn more about PMI's requirements for the PMP or CAPM examinations, please visit the Certification tab above or www.pmi.org.
Meet our 2020 certified, industry expert instructors.
Download their full bios here.
Textbook and Materials
UCF Continuing Education's program utilizes the CertWise® Learning System for PMP® Exam Preparation as its foundational course materials. These comprehensive reading materials and online study tools are aligned with PMP Exam Content Outline and are included in the course registration fee. CertWise is a Registered Education Provider (R.E.P®) of the Project Management Institute (PMI®). The textbooks and materials are included in the registration fee.
Included Comprehensive Reading Materials: Three books containing over 650 pages of content, providing an in-depth exploration of the five knowledge domains (Initiating, Planning, Executing, Monitoring and Controlling, and Closing) tested on the PMP exam. These materials are organized into 14 chapters including:
Chapter 1-3: Project Management Concepts, Framework, and Skills - to provide context and an overall framework for the study content to follow.
- Chapter 4-13: Covering each of the 10 knowledge areas of the PMBOK(R) Guide - Sixth Edition (Integration, Scope, Time, Cost, Quality, HR, Communications, Risk, Procurement, and Stakeholder Management).
- Chapter 14: Preparing for the PMP exam (test-taking tips and strategies)
- A glossary of key PMP terminology is included at the end of each chapter, with official PMI definitions (utilizing the PMBOK Guide - Sixth Edition glossary or PMI Lexicon of Project Management Terms Version 3.0)
- Progress check questions are included at the end of each chapter to help students check their understanding and retention of topics.
- Topics are presented in a concise, easy-to-understand format to cover the PMP examination content outline, and are organized to follow the PMBOK Guide - Sixth Edition.
Included Interactive Online Study Tools: Participants will have access to the interactive online study tool for one year. These tools provide participants with an opportunity to apply and reinforce concepts, evaluate their knowledge, and monitor their growth throughout the course. Over 900 practice questions are included in the following online tools:
- Pre-test: Evaluate initial knowledge to identify areas of strength and weaknesses and focus studies.
- SmartStudy™: Build a customized study plan to optimize study time.
- Chapter Quizzes: Test comprehension, retention and ability to apply concepts.
- Process Group Quizzes: Practice test questions by domain area.
- Flashcards: Review important key terms and definitions.
- Post-test: Gauge knowledge gained and areas that require further study.
- Practice Exam: Build confidence with a test that emulates the software used at the PMP computer-based exam testing center.
- Progress Report: Track your activities and scores
- Resource Center: Access helpful test-taking tips, PMP exam resources, feedback links, and more.
IMPORTANT NOTE This session is designed to prepare CAPM/PMP students who seek to test for the new PMP/CAPM exam (January 2, 2021).
- Live Online Instruction (access from anywhere)
Thursday evenings, May 6, 2021 -July 22, 2021
5:30 - 9:30pm ET
UCF Continuing Education reserves the right to change course schedules or locations and participants will be notified of any changes made.
CAPM® and PMP® Certification
PMI's Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® is a valuable entry-level certification for project practitioners. Designed for those with little or no project experience, the CAPM® demonstrates your understanding of the fundamental knowledge, terminology and processes of effective project management.
Whether you are new to project management, or already serving as a subject matter expert on project teams, the CAPM® can get your career on the right path or take it to the next level. You can expect a lot of direct questions related to process input, tools and outputs for the CAPM® exam.
In order to become CAPM® Certified, you must apply to sit for the examination and meet eligibility requirements set forth by the Project Management Institute (PMI). For information on the current exam, eligibility, and the registration process, please visit www.pmi.org.
Businesses worldwide are increasingly demanding PMI's Project Management Professional (PMP) designation for advancement. The PMP credential can set you and your company apart.
In order to become PMP Certified, you must apply to sit for the examination and meet eligibility requirements set forth by the Project Management Institute (PMI). For information on the current exam, eligibility, and the registration process, please visit www.pmi.org.
UCF Continuing Education offers payment plans in which course fees can be paid in installments prior to the start of the course. Participants must be paid in full to begin the courses.
Participants must register for their selected session to reserve a course seat. Please send payment plan request to CEPrograms@ucf.edu
For questions, please contact 407-882-0260.