Nonprofit Professional Program - Online Certification
Online and self-paced. Enroll any time and complete within 4 months.
Presented by UCF Continuing Education and UCF Center for Public and Nonprofit Management, within the School of Public Administration.
The Nonprofit Professional Program is an online, asynchronous development program for nonprofit professionals seeking to establish a career benchmark that captures their knowledge and understanding of the nonprofit industry. Completion of this (8) module program communicates that the learner can identify the core components of a successful nonprofit mission and apply their knowledge given scenarios. Those who complete this program recognize key interrelated functions and gain an appreciation for career-oriented performance standards. Through its 100% online access, it is designed to serve busy professionals and the organizations that employ them. It can be used for self-initiated development or for the development of talent by an organization.
The Nonprofit Professional Program provides a professionalization path for the nonprofit community by providing learning that advances nonprofit knowledge, skills, and abilities in key areas:
- cultural competency and diversity
- grant writing
- social marketing
In partnership with the Nonprofit Leadership Alliance (NLA), this program will prepare students for the Certified Nonprofit Professional (CNP) examination, should they desire to earn the NLA Certified Nonprofit Professional credential.
WHO SHOULD ENROLL?
This program is ideal for leaders and professionals working within the nonprofit/NGO ecosystem serving the Central Florida, the state of Florida, the nation, or the global communities who are seeking to establish a career benchmark that captures their knowledge and understanding of the nonprofit industry.
- 100% online program consists of (8) self-paced modules
- Each module is delivered online, can be taken independently, and delivered asynchronously
- Relevant and rich content offers students learning, demonstration, and practice on key nonprofit professional areas of knowledge and practice
- Modules include knowledge and comprehension as well as case studies or real-world scenarios
- Progressive development requires an 85% proficiency before advancement into next module
- Each module will have an introduction, course content, case scenario, organizational assessments, and a quiz
- Students will have access to the NLA practice test in their preparation of becoming NLA certified nonprofit professionals
- Program is end-state focused (completion required within four months)
- Students will have the opportunity to communicate directly with course instructors for additional feedback
Watch Our Recent Webinar
Maritza Concha, Director and Lecturer
Dr. Maritza Concha is a Lecturer and Director of the Center for Public and Nonprofit Management with the School of Public Administration at UCF. Dr. Concha holds a doctorate in public affairs with a concentration in public administration from University of Central Florida, a master’s degree in Latin American studies from the University of Miami, and a bachelor’s degree in international relations from Florida International University. For the past 20 years, Dr. Concha has been working as an evaluating consultant for nonprofits, engaged in service–partnerships with community-based organizations and multiagency coalitions. Her ventures have particularly focused on serving Latino/a immigrants in the areas of nonprofit management, program evaluation with a particular interest in domestic violence, sexual assault prevention, refugee studies and human trafficking. Dr. Concha has published her research and evaluation studies in peer review journals such as the Journal of Immigrant and Minority Health, Hispanic Journal of Behavioral Sciences, Journal of Community Practice and International Journal of Public Administration.
Frequently Asked Questions
Upon successful completion of this program how will I be able to attain NLA Certified Nonprofit Professional Credential?
|Start Date/ Time||Location||Cost|
|View refund policy for this course||
Instructor: Maritza Concha