Supplier Diversity Training Institute
Today, supplier diversity professionals are an integral part of an organization, communicating and interacting with every function from procurement, business development, diversity and inclusion, community relations, etc. It is imperative that stakeholders not only have a basic understanding of the supplier diversity function, but also the key competencies needed to drive the organization and achieve impactful results.
One of the first in the country, this program provides an exclusive opportunity for supplier diversity and procurement professionals, stakeholders, managers and executives to understand key performance competencies to help them to master their expertise and/or drive high performing execution within their organization.
Who should attend:
- Supplier Diversity Practitioners
- Buyers, Purchasing and Procurement Professionals
- Supply Chain Professionals
- VPs of Material Management
- Contract Compliance Officers/Analysts
- Strategic Sourcing Professionals
- D&I Leaders
Benefits of Attending
- Gain proficiency and key insights into building and leading an effective program
- Utilize and understand data to impact strategy development
- Learn to create a compelling business case, policy and change management plans
- Identify critical internal advocates and external stakeholders vital for program growth and sustainability and develop tools to get them involved
- Learn how to create a collaborative procurement model to improve program efficiencies
- Learn how to manage diverse supplier strategic sourcing
- Learn the value proposition for implementing a supplier development program
- Learn how to develop, implement and utilize Tier II reporting
- Supplier Diversity overview
- Supplier Diversity Practitioner role and responsibility
- Internal Change Management and Stakeholder Engagement
- Procurement Integration and Collaboration
- Key Program Components
- Managing Metrics I
- Managing Metrics II
- Creating a Supplier Diversity Strategic Plan
Please note this is a 2-day online program that starts at 9:00 am each day and ends at 6:00 pm each day.
Kathey K. Porter, MBA, CPSD, Principal, Porter Brown Associates
Kathey is a sought after subject matter expert and frequent speaker, panelist and workshop facilitator at conferences and events focusing on supplier diversity, small business development/entrepreneurship, women’s entrepreneurship and empowerment and diversity and inclusion for audiences at EY, Interise, Inc Magazine’s Inc 5000, Essence Festival and The Conference Board, to name a few.
She was appointed to the Florida Advisory Council on Small and Minority Business Development by the Secretary for the Florida Department of Management Services and is the recipient of the 2018 Advocate of the Year- Supplier Diversity from the Florida State Minority Supplier Development Council (FSMSDC).
As an adjunct business instructor, Kathey has spent over a decade teaching various undergraduate and graduate courses including Leadership, Professional Writing, Marketing, Public Relations, Intro to Business, Management, Entrepreneurship, and Communications at several universities and colleges including the University of Florida - Warrington College of Business, Virginia Tech - Pamplin College of Business, Savannah College of Art & Design (SCAD), Savannah State University.
The author of two books on business success - 50 Billion Dollar Boss: African American Women Sharing Stories of Success in Entrepreneurship and Leadership (Palgrave Macmillan) and Implementing Supplier Diversity: A Driver of Entrepreneurship (Palgrave Macmillan), Kathey is a contributor to national platforms including OPEN Forum (American Express) and has been featured in numerous media outlets including Ebony, Black Enterprise, The Huffington Post, Sirius XM, Atlanta Journal Constitution and was the featured small business expert in ESSENCE magazine.
Kathey received her Certified Professional in Supplier Diversity (CPSD) credentials through the Institute for Supply Management (ISM).
Supplier Diversity Leadership Certificate
This training provides tools and information needed for today's supplier diversity managers and supply chain professionals to strengthen their supplier diversity knowledge and proficiency, build an effective supplier diversity program and/or improve their existing supplier diversity program. Earn a certificate that demonstrates leadership, and proficiency in this field.