Online and self-paced. Enroll any time and complete within 6 months.
The Financial Literacy for Educators Program is an online, asynchronous development program offering instructional guidance and materials on teaching personal finance to high school students. The program consists of (7) modules in budgeting, use of bank accounts, credit scores, filing your taxes, investing, completing student loans, and home & auto information. The module assignments will provide hands-on experience for educators, as well as supply financial literacy content and worksheets for use in the teacher’s classroom. By the end of the learning experience the participant will be able to immediately present financial literacy training that will engage their students.
The course curriculum aligns and fulfills the newly enacted “Financial Literacy Instruction in Public Schools [SB 1054]” or the “Dorothy L. Hukill Financial Literacy Act” whereby high school students in Florida must complete a one-half credit of instruction in personal financial literacy and money management.
WHO SHOULD ENROLL?
This program is tailored for educators, school administrators, and community workers who teach Financial Literacy to students.
- 100% online program consists of (7) self-paced modules.
- Each module is delivered online, can be taken independently, and delivered asynchronously.
- Relevant and rich content offers students learning, demonstration, and practice on key financial literacy and financial decision-making skills.
- Modules include knowledge and comprehension as well as case studies or real-world scenarios.
- Progressive development requires an 85% proficiency before advancement into next module.
- Each module will have learning objectives, Florida State and International Society for Technology in Education standards which align with FLDE requirements, an introduction, course content, case scenario, organizational assessments, and a quiz.
- Participants will have the opportunity to communicate directly with course instructors for additional feedback.
WHAT YOU GET:
- 35 Contact Hours/3.5 CEUs eligible for recertification
- Digital Certificate of Completion
- Digital Badge
- Content for your Classroom
The online course is self-paced and you have six months from the date of registeration to complete the financial literacy modules.